Wishlist / Needslist
Priority Request for Supplies
Check here for current needs at Unist’ot’en. These are items you can donate or bring along if you are traveling to the territory. If you would like to donate larger items, like vehicles or equipment, please contact the hosts directly.
Thanks for your support and solidarity! In the past, this Wishlist was generally used by the regular supporters heading up to camp, who sent supplies along in their vehicles. Now, with all the national and international publicity, lots of people want to ship blankets and veggies and pots and pans to Houston. The support has been enormous, much gratitude!
Given the high costs of parcel post or courier (especially for bulky items) it makes more sense to make a financial donation through the DONATE page (Use the monthly donor or Paypal link to contribute to general camp funds). This way all of you will not be wasting funds on Fedex and Canada Post that could be going to the Camp Legal Fund or General Fund!
***UPDATED LIST from July 17, 2021***
- Regular clothing (that is not winter gear) is NOT needed at this time!
- No peanut or coconut products due to severe allergies
⭐️ Misc items:
- New or gently used (NOT broken!) tents
- Thermarests / sleeping pads
- Tarps (NO rips, any size)
- New canning jars with rings and inserts
- Canning jar storage boxes/cases
⭐️ Food items:*
Meat (especially wild)
Fish (ethically caught)
Unsalted Nuts (no peanuts)
Cheese (especially hard cheeses)
Bragg’s Soy Sauce (Gluten free)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Sharp axes and splitting mauls
- Chainsaws and blades
Lower priority Needs:
- Folding banquet tables
- Snow shovels
- Headlamps and flashlights
- Warm blankets /quilts /sleeping bags
- Sheets and pillowcases
- Flagging tape
- Duct tape /gorilla tape
- Screwdriver set
- Ratchet straps
- Ratchet set
- Cordless drills with chargers
- Impact driver
- Climbing harness
- Climbing rope
- Large pots (with lids)
- Painters tape
- Coffee pots and percolators (stovetop)
- Travel mugs with lids
- Water bottles
- Large strainers
- Rolling papers
- Spiral notepads
- New mattresses (twin/double/queen)
- Dr. Bronner’s soap (or other biodegradable soap)
- Kitchen scrubbies
- New dishcloths and tea towels
- Kitchen aprons
- Good quality kitchen knives
- Knife sharpeners/whetstones
- Tupperware (with lids)
Contact Bob (robertages [at] telus.net) if you can help out with sending supplies to the camp!
If you would like to donate larger items, like vehicles or equipment, please contact the hosts directly.
* Note on Food items: If you have any dietary preferences/restrictions (for example Vegan) that require specialty ingredients, please bring these to camp to give to the cooks to use in your food prep, as these supplies are sometimes neither stocked in the kitchen nor included in the food budget.
There is no cell service or WiFi on the Yintah. Take care of things before you head up the logging road. Download music, change your voicemail, set auto-reply on your email accounts, etc.