CURRENT SOLIDARITY REQUESTS
*Updated January 22, 2019*
Wet’suwet’en Strong Supporter Toolkit NOW AVAILABLE!
This condensed, thorough resource has extensive information and ways to support.
And as always, please Donate and Check the Wishlist/Needslist!
ONGOING SOLIDARITY REQUESTS
In addition to physically being on the land, support from afar is also needed year-round to sustain the camp. Over the years, supporters have:
- Hosted the Unist’ot’en for speaking engagements at colleges and community centers
- Participated in solidarity actions bringing attention to the pipeline financiers
- Held benefit concerts, parties, and art shows with funds going to the camp
- Hosted community fundraiser dinners and film screenings of documentaries made at the camp
- Provided their home communities with presentations about the camp after visiting
- Connected the camp hosts with major news outlets to broadcast their campaigns, or created their own documentaries
- Set up fundraising challenges with prizes to promote the campaigns
- Subscribed and shared posts from the Unist’ot’en Facebook, Youtube, and other social media.
Can you do something from this list? Or do you have a creative idea of your own that will support the Unist’ot’en Camp? Get in touch with the camp hosts to get their consent and input on your solidarity event! (Due to the heavy volume of requests and messages the hosts receive, response may be delayed).
Please read the Resources on Allyship and Solidarity page.